Monday, September 24, 2007

The scariest movie ever made - The Exorcist Reviews

I was six years old when "The Exorcist" first came out. My father took me to see it at the drive-in movie theatre. My life was forever changed because of that one movie. I was totally and utterly terrified of what I saw! The possession looked so real, and the girl seemed so sweet and innocent beforehand I just could not believe the transformation I was witnessing. Shock, fear, and shattered nerves is what happened to me on that night. I never forgot it, and I never will. I use to sleep with my sister when I was that young, but after that movie, that came to an abrupt end. When I saw Regan (Linda Blair) flying up and down on her bed, the eyes going back in the head, the throat bulging out, the voice getting deep and evil.... my heart could have stopped at that moment. Great special effects for a movie of 1973! The music made it even more scarier, and the fantastic acting made it that much more believable. Ellen Burstyn was fantastic as a mother worried about her daughter, and the priest was hauntingly portrayed by Jason Miller. This is not just a scary movie, but a classic, and a masterpiece work of art. The script is so smart and the direction could not have been any better. However, I would not advise taking your children to see this movie. EXTREMELY SCARY!!!

No comments: